At Codelitt Incubator, we are in a state of growth and that begins with business development. As we expand our Business Development team, we’re looking for a driven, proactive and engaging Social Media Coordinator that thrives on constantly learning and owning different tasks or roles at a time.
As our first ever Social Media Coordinator, you’ll get hands on experience working with our business development and marketing departments. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to break into the social media marketing field and grow within a tech space. Most importantly, you’ll get to be a part of growing our business and create exciting, new ways to get our message out with our clients in mind.
Please note: This position is unpaid and ideal for educational credit / experience. At the end of the 6 month period, we can assess eligibility for hiring opportunities within the company!
What you’ll do
As our Social Media Coordinator, you’ll help Codelitt connect with other members of the tech industry while helping us build our visibility in the community. Here’s what you can expect to do on any given day:
- Manage all Social Media accounts including LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium, Facebook, etc.
- Manage the development, documentation, execution of processes to ensure timely notification responses for inbound mentions and direct messages
- Monitor social media trends and leverage agency capabilities to keep our clients feeling fresh, current and relevant
- Create and maintain monthly content and advertising calendar including ownership and tracking of monthly stats, budgeting, and engagement rates
In 1 Month, you’ll:
- Become familiar with the current marketing processes and understand the vision behind our campaigns.
- Learn all systems used to maintain social media profiles, messaging, email campaigns, and company blog (i.e. Ghost, Hootsuite, Hubspot, etc.)
- Meet with different team members and learn about Codelitt’s PM, Design, Engineering, User Testing, and Business Development teams
In 3 Months, you’ll:
- Work with / coordinate all content creation calendars, social media campaigns, and email blasts
- Provide insight and ideas to the marketing / business development teams on our social media’s progression
- Own successful management of our social media strategy
In 6 - 9 Months, you’ll:
- Continue to work with marketing and provide actionable insight from our social media campaigns / engagement
- Be eligible for hiring opportunities at Codelitt, pending excellent performance and a good fit for the company culture!
- Currently a student (either bachelor’s or master’s) is required
- Reliable internet access, flexibility, and ability to commit to at least 20 hours each week
- At least 1-2 years work experience or familiarity with social media
- Interested in digital product innovation and disruptive technology
- Experienced and/or thrives in a small team and remote work environment
- A positive, upbeat personality who is open to feedback, learning new skills and enjoys working with multiple teams
- Proactive, organized, learn quickly and excels in juggling multiple roles and tasks
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- Can easily adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience working in cross-functional teams and able to collaborate/communicate effectively
- Prior writing or communications background in technology/software
- A passion for reading and staying informed in the tech space
- If you’re local to Columbus, Miami or Chicago
- Establish a social media presence for a growing company in the tech space
- Learn from the best and brightest in product development, including design, engineering, user testing, and more
- The flexibility to work anywhere you prefer and feel most productive
- Numerous team building events throughout the year
- The opportunity to work with fun and talented bunch of people!
Please Note: We are not interested in outside parties or recruiting agencies at this time.